Fall is approaching and this oatmeal recipe screams fall! It’s warm, comforting, packed with flavor, healthy, and most importantly: simple. Incorporating sweet potatoes into your breakfast is a great way to get in some extra vitamin A, Vitamin C, and beta carotene.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup milk/plant milk
- ¼ cup sweet potato puree
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans (optional)
- Microwave a small sweet potato for 4-5 minutes after piercing with a fork. Peel the potato, mash it, and set aside ¼ cup.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Add oats and cook for about 5 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Stir in sweet potato, maple syrup, and cinnamon. To thin, add a splash more of milk!
- Top with an extra drizzle of maple syrup and pecans. Enjoy!