Whether roasted, mashed, riced or raw there is something so wonderful about cauliflower’s creamy flavor. It’s one of the most nutritious veggies around!
Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables along with broccoli, cabbage and kale. These vegetables are high in nutrients, anti-cancer phytochemicals such as sulforaphane and indole-3-carbinol, fiber, vitamin C and minerals and very low in calories. How can you not love cauliflower?
Cauliflower is in season during the fall and winter months and has a pretty long shelf life. This vegetable often can take the place of rice, pasta or potato and is very low in carbohydrate and calories. Still intimidated by this vegetable?
Try this easy recipe for roasted cauliflower and give it a try!
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- Olive oil spray
- Lined Baking sheet
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- De-stem cauliflower into bite sized florets
- Spray a lined baking sheet, lined with foil, with olive oil
- Place bite sized florets on baking sheet and again spray with olive oil
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender or a fork can go through the stem.